To register a local company in Dubai, you need a D.E.T or “Department of Economy and Tourism”. This is the main government authority in regard to issuing licenses to companies in Dubai also, they are the authority that oversees and regulates the economic agenda of the emirate of Dubai. Their purpose is to improve and accelerate the sustainable growth of Dubai’s economy through strategic plans and policies.
Why issue a mainland company with D.E.T?
- Unlike free zone companies who are restricted to operate within their free zone, a mainland company can operate all over Dubai which gives the chance location flexibility
- Now, LLC companies issued by D.E.T is allowed to be owned 100% by foreigners not like before unless in very few situations the foreigner owner will need a local service agent (and he/she will be an only agent with no partner in the license)
- No minimum capital required
- The process of amending the license is very easy and simple, like changing owners, activities, or else
- Mainland company has no limitation on the number of visas that can be issued. The Visa quota is approved based on your commercial space. The more office space you have, the greater number of visas you can issue, even to an unlimited number
- Many legal forms of companies are available with D.E.T
- Mainland licenses can be inherited, merged, converted or sell ( shares or full ownership )
What are the Legal form types in D.E.T?
- Sole Establishment
- Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- One Person Company (LLC)
- Civil Company
- Private Share Holding Company
- Public Share Holding Company
- Simple Limited Partnership
- Partnership Company
- Branch of a Foreign Company
- Representative Office
- Branch of a Dubai-based Company
- Branch of a UAE-based Company
- Branch of a GCC-based Company
- Branch of a Free zone Company
- Intelaq (Home-based business for UAE Nationals)
- SME Licenses
Mainland companies can practice any industrial, commercial, trading, professional, or tourism activity. Some professional activities are excluded as per DED's business regulations, and others require the approval of authorities that regulate these activities.
Once you choose your company tradename, the tradename will be connected to your license as long the license is valid, and it will be protected by the law so nobody can use it.
Mainland companies in UAE need not go through currency exchange regulations.
What documents do you need as an Individual to get a mainland license?
- Foreign shareholders, directors, and managers are required to submit copies of their passports
- Employer’s NOC is applicable if the shareholder is on an employment visa
- UAE shareholder’s National ID card (copy)
What if the shareholder is corporate?
- Their license – commercial registration – MOA – official letter signed and stamped asking to be a shareholder or to open a branch also stating the names of the real owners of this corporate (real beneficiary regulations)
- If the company is from outside the country, it must be attested from the UAE consulate and then inside UAE from the ministry of foreign affairs
Instant mainland license will be very suitable for the people who need the license urgently.
An instant license is an option valid for a lot of activities, it will allow investors to get the license immediately and with no office needed for the first year.
Our company Make Fortune provides services for businesses in the UAE in a "one-stop shop" format. We will register a company for you, take care of all the formalities for obtaining a resident visa, provide support for opening personal and corporate bank accounts, provide accounting services, audit, and obtain licenses and certificates. Leave a request on the site, call us or write to Whatsapp or Telegram and our specialists will contact you as soon as they are free.